SGO Rules of Conduct
SGO Rules of Conduct during Business Meetings
Members and guests attending any Society of Gynecologic Oncology (SGO) meeting are expected to exhibit professional and respectful conduct at all times. As such, while participating in SGO activities, individuals must agree to:
- Conduct themselves and their activities in a professional manner and to uphold the SGO Principles of Ethical Conduct and Practice;
- Abide by the SGO Anti-Harassment and Anti-Discrimination Policy;
- Properly register and display appropriate credentials during the meeting;
- Abide by the Bylaws and policies of the SGO;
- Refrain from distributing brochures, flyers, handouts, etc., or post displays of any kind without prior approval of the program committee co-chairs and the SGO chief executive officer (or their designees);
- Refrain from using the SGO name or logo other than in the conduct of official SGO business as determined by the Board of Directors;
- Not use any SGO membership lists or any part thereof except in the conduct of SGO business as determined by the Bylaws and/or the Board of Directors;
- Restrict the use of SGO information or materials (work products, work in progress, and databases), in any media or form, to the purpose defined by the Bylaws and/or the Board of Directors;
- Refrain from engaging in any activity that would violate the proprietary rights of their employers, SGO or any other person or organization;
- Be professional and respectful in any social media postings and electronic communications;
- Refrain from making illegal copies of copyrighted and/or licensed software or use unauthorized copies on SGO computers; and
- Not engage in any exchange of information or other behavior that violates the antitrust laws of the United States.
SGO reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior. SGO also reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting.