SGO Fellowship Program Directors Network
The SGO Fellowship Program Directors (PD) Network is made up of Program Directors & Associate Program Directors of ACGME approved Gyn Oncology Fellowship Programs. The PD Network offers resources to strengthen, improve and standardize gynecologic oncology fellowships across the country.
PD Network Co-Chairs: Stephen Rose, MD and Christine Walsh, MD
Program Director Network Communications
COVID-19 Resources for Gynecologic Oncology Fellowship Program Directors
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ABOG) Updates
Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)
SGO Resources for Fellows/Residents
- April 2, 2020: SGO PD Network Updates: How to Adapt during COVID-19
- National Resident Matching Program®: Match Policies during COVID-19 FAQs
- April 24, 2020: PD Network Call Recording & Presentation
- March 27, 2020: PD Network Call Recording & Minutes
Virtual Fellowship Interviews
- A 90-minute webinar with training specialists, surgical educators, and clinical trial leaders from across the U.S. discussed maintenance of medical student education, resident surgical education, fellowship training and interview process, graduation benchmarks and trainee safety during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Gynecologic Oncology Educational Series
- Gynecologic Oncology Core Lecture Series (Code: Fellow2018)
- AMA GME Competency Education Program
- Society of Gynecologic Surgeons (SGS)
- On behalf of the SGS Board of Directors, SGS is pleased to provide complimentary access to the SGS Video Library to all fellowship directors that may be used to complement any virtual lectures or self-study programs you may be trying to establish at this time. We welcome you to share this information with your fellowship directors.
- To gain access the fellowship director needs to complete a simple form requesting access to the library. The link to the form is sgsonline.org/fellowship-video-library.
- Once the form is completed, fellowship directors will gain full complimentary access to the SGS Video Library to share with all fellows. Please let us know if you have any questions regarding this opportunity.
- April 30, 2020: News & Policy information updates including a recording of Q&A with Fellowships about COVID-19 Policy
- March 13, 2020: ABOG’s full policy regarding certification standards
- March 31, 2020: ABOG FAQs about certification standards
- ACGME Blog
- “ACMGE Early Adaptation to the COVID-19 Pandemic: Principles and Lessons Learned” (JGME, June 2020)
- March 16, 2020: e-Communication, response to novel coronavirus
- March 20, 2020: Clarification regarding telemedicine and ACGME Surveys
- March 24, 2020: e-Communication, COVID-19 pandemic
- March 30, 2020: e-Communication, FAQs about activities during pandemic
- April 6, 2020: e-Communication, personal protective equipment, accreditation
- “Well-Being in the Time of COVID-19”: An ACGME podcast presented by ACGME’s Senior Scholar for Well-Being Stuart Slavin, MD
- CDC Tips for Managing Stress and Anxiety
- Headspace (free access for healthcare professionals through 2020)
- Strategies to Cope with Coronavirus Anxiety
- Coronavirus Sanity Guide
- SGO COVID-19 Wellness Resources for Healthcare Practitioners
- The Outstanding Resident in Gynecologic Oncology Award is for a single resident at each OBGYN program who best exemplifies the qualities of the mission and vision of SGO. The post graduate year (PGY) level of the recipient may be chosen by each individual program but should be consistent from year to year. Nominations are accepted annually during the month of March. Should you have any questions, please contact Traci Schwendner.
- SGO COVID-19 Resources: COVID-19 Resources for Health Care Practitioners
- Present and Future Impact of COVID-19 on the Practice and Delivery of Gynecologic Oncology Care. Podcast with Warner K. Huh, MD and Elizabeth Swisher, MD.
- Core Lecture Series – available until Aug. 1 (Register Here)
- Pathology Lecture Series (Register Here)
- SGO Robotics Academy (Register Here)
- 2019 Webinar Series (Register Here)
- Surgical Film Library (Register Here)
- Gyn Oncology Educational Series (Shitanshu Uppal, MD, et al)
- Society of Critical Care Medicine Critical Care for Non-ICU Clinicians