SGO Shark Bait
EDUCATION FORUM VII: SHARK BAIT
Sunday, March 25, 2018
5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Hyatt Regency New Orleans
Kenneth Kim, FACOG, FACS, MD, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
Shark Bait Task Force:
- Lori Cory, MD, Penn Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Sean Dowdy, MD, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Jason Lachance, MD, Maine Medical Partners, Scarborough, ME
- Gregg Nelson, MD, Tom Baker Cancer Centre, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Pam Soliman, MD, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
- Shitanshu Uppal, MD, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Renata Urban, MD, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
Fellow and early career members have submitted their best ideas so they can swim with the SGO Sharks in an activity that promises to be both informative and entertaining. During Education Forum VII, find out which proposal from the three finalist teams will be most appetizing to the SGO Mentor “Sharks.”
The overall goal of these proposals is to mentor fellow and early career members within SGO, while bringing about novel proposals to serve the entire SGO membership. Initial proposals were reviewed earlier this year by the SGO Program Committee Shark Bait Task Force. The Task Force has determined which proposals will be presented to the SGO Sharks in the final round of SGO Shark Bait during the 2018 SGO Annual Meeting. Each Shark will give thoughts and input for each proposal, and each will vote for whether or not they would “buy in” to the proposal.
The team that receives the highest total votes from the Sharks wins! The winning team can then choose the mentor with whom they wish to work from the pool of Shark mentors.
The winning team will also receive:
- $5,000 to help implement their proposal
- Free registration to the 2019 SGO Annual Meeting in sunny Honolulu, HI, for each team member.