The Society of Gynecologic Oncology (SGO) encourages members of women’s cancer care teams or obstetrics and gynecologic care teams to submit original videos for peer-review by the 6th Annual Seminar on Minimally Invasive & Robotic Gynecologic Surgery chairs. The submission deadline is October 31, 2014. The SGO requests submitters’ surgical videos to pertain to one or more of the following key concepts:
- Fundamentals of minimally invasive surgery
- Current evidence and recommendations regarding laparoscopic, robotic and vaginal hysterectomy
- Prevention, diagnosis, and management of intra and post‐operative complications
- Specific suturing techniques
Each surgical film submission should clearly address the following:
Expenses associated with the submission and presentation of an abstract are the responsibility of the presenter, and are not reimbursed or covered by the SGO. Surgical films are selected on the basis of scientific merit and through a blinded peer review process. The program chair reserves the right to select the most appropriate forum for presentation.
General Submission Regulations
- Membership in the SGO is not required for any presenting author or co-author noted on the surgical film submission. Author disclosure for the presenting author must be declared at the time of abstract submission. If the presenting author is employed by a company as defined by the CMSS Code for Interactions with Companies, http://www.cmss.org/codeforinteractions.aspx, an alternate presenter who does not have a relevant employment relationship must be named if the abstract is accepted.
- Submission of a surgical film constitutes a commitment by the author(s) to present if accepted.
- Please write your text in proper English (American or British usage is accepted, but not a mixture of these), use decimal points (not commas) and check your spelling.
- A surgical film must have a title that indicates the nature of the investigation. Use sentence case and capitalize the first word in the title only (for example: The current clinical use of HPV genotyping).
- Do not use abbreviations in the title of the video, with the exception of DNA, RNA and HPV.
- A maximum of nine (9) co-authors, in addition to the primary author, are allowed per submission.
- Author names should be written in full. Only include the primary degree for each author (for example, MD, PhD). If an author’s name appears on more than one video, it must be identical on each video.
- Within the title and text of the video submission, omit any reference to your institution to ensure proper, blinded review.
- Use generic drug names and International Systems Units. Trade names should not be used.
- Individuals whose videos are selected for presentation will be asked to postpone publication of their research/findings in any journal until the conclusion of the 6th Annual Seminar on Minimally Invasive & Robotic Gynecologic Surgery.
Surgical Film Submission
- Peer-reviewed surgical films selected to the 6th Annual Seminar on Minimally Invasive & Robotic Gynecologic Surgery will be featured in a surgical video presentation session.
- Surgical film submissions will be evaluated based on educational content and audio/visual quality. All films must also meet the following requirements:
Films must be submitted on a DVD to the SGO by October 31, 2014, along with a 50-word description and a completed electronic submission form to the following address:
Education – MIRGS Course
230 W. Monroe #710
Chicago, IL, 60606-4703
- Films cannot exceed five minutes in duration.
- Films must include sound.
- Films must be at regular speed.
- Films must be submitted in .AVI or .MOV formats.
- Films must be free of commercial or product bias.
If your surgical film is accepted for presentation at the 6th Annual Seminar on Minimally Invasive & Robotic Gynecologic Surgery, you may be required to attend the session to orally introduce your film.
- Unauthorized recordings of sessions by means of audio tapes, video, or still photography requiring flash devices, special lighting, or bulky equipment are prohibited. The SGO reserves the right to all video and/or audio recordings of presentations at the 6th Annual Seminar on Minimally Invasive & Robotic Gynecologic Surgery.
- Expenses associated with the submission and presentation of the surgical film are the responsibility of the presenter, and are not reimbursed or covered by the SGO.
- The SGO reserves the right to reject videos if the aforementioned rules are not followed.