Call for Abstracts Now Open
Young investigators are invited to submit research for consideration for presentation at the SGO 2020 Annual Winter Meeting at the Westin Snowmass Resort, near Aspen, CO. Fellows and Residents may submit their abstract(s) beginning Tuesday, Sept. 3, 2019 through Monday, Oct. 14, 2019, 11:59 p.m. Central Time.
The Resident, Fellow and Student poster presentations will take place in the Exhibit Hall during scheduled breaks and social functions. This is an outstanding opportunity for young leaders to network with the SGO Leadership that attend this educational event. This will also provide an excellent forum for Residents, Fellows and Students to present their research at a prestigious national meeting. Travel and hotel costs will be the responsibility of the presenter.
The Winter Meeting Grading Committee will review the submitted abstracts, in a blinded review, for scientific quality and relevance. Abstracts will be selected for oral presentation (8-10 minutes), Rapid Fire presentation (3 minutes) or poster presentation. Awards will be given for the Best Oral Presentation and the Best Scientific Poster based on scientific content, originality, potential impact on the field and quality of presentation.
Abstract Submission Dates
- Call for abstracts opens: Tuesday, Sept. 3, 2019
- Submission deadline: Monday, Oct. 14, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. CT
- Status notifications will be sent: December 2019
25th SGO Winter Meeting Submission Rules and Regulations
- Submitting authors must be a current Resident or Fellow as of Jan. 17, 2020.
- Abstracts and manuscripts that have been previously published are not eligible for submission; however, abstracts that have been accepted as posters or featured posters to the 2020 SGO Annual Meeting program are eligible for submission.
- An Abstract must have a title that indicates the nature of the investigation. (Example: The current clinical use of HPV genotyping.)
- Each Abstract Submission must clearly identify the following:
- Objectives: An introductory sentence indicating the purpose of the study
- Methods: A brief description of pertinent experimental procedures, including statistical evaluation where appropriate
- Results: A summary of the data
- Conclusions: A statement of the conclusions
- Within the title and text of the abstract, omit any reference to your institution to ensure a blinded review.
- Trade names should not be used.
- Submission of an abstract constitutes a commitment by the author to present it if accepted.
- Acceptance and decline notices will be sent in December 2019.
- A maximum of 25 authors are allowed per submission.
- The character count limit of 2,500 does not include your abstract title, author string, allotted tables or graphs or spaces.
Email questions to SGO’s Education Department at email@example.com.