Call for Abstracts Now Open
Young investigators are invited to submit research for consideration for presentation in a special Poster Session at the 2017 SGO Winter Meeting at the Beaver Run Resort in Breckenridge, CO. Fellows and Residents may submit their abstract(s) beginning Monday, Sept. 12, 2016 through Wednesday, Nov. 9, 2016, at 11:59 p.m. Central Time.
The Resident/Fellow poster presentations will take place in the Exhibit Hall during scheduled breaks and social functions. This is an outstanding opportunity for young leaders to network with the SGO Leadership that attends this educational event. This will also provide an excellent forum for Residents and Fellows to present their research at a prestigious national meeting. Invited poster presenters will receive a reduced registration fee of only $250. Travel and hotel costs will be the responsibility of the presenter.
The Winter Meeting Grading Committee will review the submitted abstracts, in a blinded review, for scientific quality and relevance. There will be five (5) abstracts selected for 10 minute oral presentations and five (5) abstracts selected for 3 minute oral presentations. Nineteen (19) abstracts will be accepted for Poster Display. Awards will be given for the Best Oral Presentation and the Best Scientific Poster based on scientific content, originality, potential impact on the field and quality of presentation.
2017 SGO Winter Meeting Submission Rules and Regulations
1. Submitting authors must be a current Resident or Fellow as of Jan. 26, 2017.
2. Abstracts that have been previously published are not eligible for submission; however, abstracts that have been previously presented, in addition to abstracts that have been accepted as posters or featured posters to the 2017 Annual Meeting program, are eligible for submission. If study is accepted for an oral presentation at the SGO Annual Meeting on Women’s Cancer ®, March 12-15, 2017, the study cannot be presented at the SGO Winter Meeting.
3. Please write your text in proper English (American or British usage is accepted, but not a mixture of these). Use decimal points (not commas). Please carefully check your spelling.
4. An Abstract must have a title that indicates the nature of the investigation. Capitalize the first word in the title. Example: The current clinical use of HPV genotyping
5. Each Abstract Submission must clearly identify the following:
- Objectives: an introductory sentence indicating the purpose of the study
- Methods: a brief description of pertinent experimental procedures, including statistical evaluation where appropriate
- Results: a summary of the data
- Conclusions: a statement of the conclusions
6. Within the title and text of the abstract, omit any reference to your institution to ensure a proper, blinded review.
7. Trade names should not be used.
8. Submission of an abstract constitutes a commitment by the author to present it if accepted.
9. Acceptance and decline notices will be sent in December 2016.
Download a PDF of the SGO 2017 Winter Meeting Submission Regulations.
Email questions to SGO’s Education Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.