The Society of Gynecologic Oncology (SGO) has negotiated special housing rates for Annual Meeting attendees. The official host hotels are listed below. Contact email@example.com with any questions. Room rates are guaranteed through Feb. 24, 2023.
|Embassy Suites By Hilton Tampa Downtown Convention Center
513 South Florida Avenue
|Hilton Tampa Downtown
211 North Tampa Street
|JW Marriott Tampa Water Street
510 Water Street
|The Tampa Marriott Water Street
505 Water Street
|The Westin Tampa Waterside
725 S Harbour Island Blvd
For requests/rooming lists for blocks of (10) ten or more rooms, please complete the Group Housing Form. This form must be submitted no later than Jan. 13, 2023. Please contact Amber Hranicka with any questions.
PLEASE NOTE: THE EMBASSY SUITES, HILTON, JW MARRIOTT, TAMPA MARRIOTT AND THE WESTIN ARE THE ONLY OFFICIAL HOTELS FOR THE SGO ANNUAL MEETING ON WOMEN’S CANCER.
Third-party companies illegally represent themselves as travel agencies, soliciting attendees and exhibitors, and offering to assist them with their hotel reservations. This practice, known as “room poaching”, can have serious consequences, including higher room rates, non-existent reservations at check-in, loss of pre-payment, or sub-standard hotel accommodations.
Room poachers require pre-payment for rooms but do not make a hotel reservation for you. Payment cannot be reclaimed, resulting in significant monetary loss. Room poachers contact registrants and represent themselves as the Annual Meeting’s hotel reservation agency, using a variety of tactics, including:
- Distributing promotional materials that utilize the name or logo of the Symposium
- Insisting rooms be reserved and/or paid for immediately
- Offering discounted room rates below the meeting room rate
If you are contacted by anyone who is not with ONPEAK or the Society of Gynecologic Oncology, please contact Amber Hranicka with as much information regarding the poacher as possible.
Housing Room Block FAQ
- What is a hotel room block?
- A hotel room block is a set of rooms that has been set aside at a discounted, guaranteed rate available to SGO guests only.
- What are the advantages of booking in a room block?
- Booking within a room block saves you time from searching, price comparing, and finding a hotel close to the event venue.
- Convenient Location
- The hotels chosen by SGO are conveniently located at the conference venue or close by.
- Affordable Pricing
- The price negotiated by SGO is a special, guaranteed low rate that is competitive to other room accommodations.
- These discounted rates are only available if you book within the group block through OnPeak, the official housing partner for SGO.
- How does the room block support SGO?
- By choosing to stay at a conference hotel, attendees support SGO’s goal of improving what is provided to conference attendees. Filling a room block helps to offset convention costs by increasing negotiation power for current and future bookings. In short, booking within the SGO housing block is a meaningful way to support SGO’s mission of providing unmatched education in a way that is impactful for attendees and fiscally responsible for the Society.
- Are there any benefits to book in the block?
Yes, there are benefits to booking in the official SGO hotel block.
- Booking in the official block is the only way to get the lowest, discounted rate over the SGO event dates at those hotels.
- You can still earn your hotel loyalty points! Just enter your hotel brand membership number on your reservation at booking and you’ll still earn the points with that hotel chain. (i.e. Marriott BonVoy, Hilton Rewards, etc.)
- No upfront charges. You will not be charged at the time of booking.
- Reservation Support. OnPeak is here for you before, during, and after the event.
- New this year, SGO will incentivize registered attendees to book within the official housing block before February 24, 2023, by providing a drink ticket for use at the SGO Welcome Reception, Social Event, and Tumor Board at no additional cost.
- Local Attendees: Registrants living up to 50 miles from the Convention Center will receive a drink ticket without booking within the SGO official housing block.
- Sharing Rooms: Registrants sharing rooms within the SGO official housing block must be listed as a guest on the room confirmation to receive a drink ticket.
- Make sure to enter that second name as a “share with” name when you’re booking through OnPeak.
- If you wish to book outside of the SGO official housing block, you are still welcome and encouraged to attend the SGO Welcome Reception, Social Event, and Tumor Board Session. Cash bars will be available.
- Who is eligible to stay within the SGO Housing Block?
Only guests registered to attend the SGO Annual Meeting on Women’s Cancer are eligible to book within the SGO Housing Block and receive the discounted housing room rate. Anyone who is not registered for the Annual Meeting and booked within the SGO block will be notified to register. Unregistered guests in the SGO Block may have their reservation(s) canceled.
- How do I book within the block?
There are two ways to book within the block:
a. Book online through OnPeak at the SGO website. Please note that OnPeak is the official and only housing partner for SGO
b. Contact your chosen hotel within the SGO official housing block. Any changes/cancelations must be made directly through OnPeak until February 24, 2023. After that date, you can contact the hotels directly at the numbers below.
Hotel reservations’ phone numbers:
Embassy Suites: (813) 769-8300
Embassy Suites: (813) 769-8300
Hilton: (813) 204-3000
JW Marriott: (813) 221-4950
Tampa Marriott: (813) 221-4900
Westin: (813) 229-5000
Please be advised that you must specify the SGO Annual Meeting to receive the guaranteed rate.
- Is there a deadline for booking in the block?
Yes, the cut-off date to book within the block for SGO’s 2023 Annual Meeting is February 24, 2023.
- Can I change or modify my room after booking?
Yes, you can modify you room by contacting OnPeak prior to March 2nd. After March 2nd, please contact your hotel directly.
- Do I have to pay for the room in full when I book within a block?
No, you will not be charged until the day of your arrival. During the booking process, we simply require a credit to hold your room. If you need to update or change the credit card provided at booking, you can do so at any time.
- What is the cancelation policy?
SGO does not provide a cancelation policy. The cancelation policy is subjective to the hotel. To cancel your reservation, please contact OnPeak or the hotel of your stay. Once you book a hotel reservation through OnPeak, all the hotel policies will also be available on your confirmation email.
- What is OnPeak’s Contact Information?