Mar 16 - Mar 18, 2024
San Diego, CA
Media & Press
The Society of Gynecologic Oncology’s (SGO) Annual Meeting on Women’s Cancer is the premier scientific conference focused on the delivery of high-quality, gynecologic cancer care.
Press registration Eligibility, Process and NOTES
- The SGO provides complimentary meeting registration to media professionals on assignment to produce original news coverage (free from sponsors/advertisers) that details findings from research presented during the Annual Meeting on Women’s Cancer. All coverage must include reference to the meeting.
- Journal editors attending for the purpose of soliciting manuscripts and other submissions, advertising, or subscriptions from meeting attendees or exhibitors are not permitted to register as press.
- Employees of communications and marketing firms must register as general attendees, not media personnel.
- Press registration from other interested parties, including bloggers, book authors, film crews, etc, will be assessed on a case by case basis, under advisement from the SGO Communications Committee and the SGO Marketing and Communications Department.
- E-mail Elizabeth Kix (email@example.com) with interest, and attach official press credentials (business card, editorial roster or masthead, or international press card), a letter of assignment from editor, and one example of a recently bylined health-related article.
- Once received and approved, the requestor will be e-mailed a custom registration link, specific for media personnel. Complete registration through the hyperlink. All media personnel that inquire about registration, but do not complete registration through the link provided, will not be registered.
- Registration details will be sent via e-mail after online registration is complete.
- All media personnel who wish to attend the meeting in person must complete registration (both steps one and two above) in advance as possible. Requests submitted day of may not be processed in advance of the meeting.
- All media personnel who wish to attend the meeting virtually should consider completing registration in advance as well.
- Registration includes access to all education sessions including Scientific Plenaries, Focus Plenaries, Education Forums, and access to the Exhibit Hall and Social/Meal Functions. Registration does not include access to pre-event meetings and special hands-on courses.
- Sessions marked with a star on the schedulewill be live streamed on the event platform.
- All sessions will be recorded and available on the event platform within 48 hours of presentation.
- Anyone who registers for the meeting, in-person or virtual, will have access to participate through the event platform.
- In-person Annual Meeting registrations may be transferred to a virtual registration, and vice versa. SGO does not allow substitutions for attendee registration cancellation.
- Media are required to abide by the embargo policies governing the Annual Meeting on Women’s Cancer. Failure to abide by SGO embargo policies results in dismissal from current and future SGO meetings.
- In advance of the meeting, SGO may provide embargoed press releases and other materials (abstract titles/authors/content) to ensure press have appropriate resources for their reporting.
- Press releases for featured content will be released the week of the meeting.
- Abstract titles/authors, under the meeting session name, are now publicly available in the full schedule. Simply click on the “Title” column, and a pop-up window will appear with abstract titles/authors presenting under the session.
- All abstract (except late-breaking abstracts) details (title, author, objectives, methods, results, conclusions) will be released via e-mail to all media personnel with a completed registration on Friday, March 17 at 10 a.m. Adhering to the embargo policy is paramount. For media personnel who confirm their registration after Friday, March 17 at 10 a.m. – please contact Elizabeth Kix (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a request for abstract details.
- Full abstracts, alongside PowerPoint presentations, will become available on the event platform on the morning of the presentation date as well.
- For all oral presentations, the embargo lifts on the day on which the presentation is being made, after the presentation is completed.
- For featured poster and general poster presentations, the embargo lifts on the first day they are available for viewing during the meeting.
For additional questions, comments or concerns, contact Elizabeth Kix at email@example.com.