COVID Protocol Frequently Asked Questions
Is SGO Winter Meeting still proceeding as planned: Jan. 27 – 29, 2022 at Olympic Valley, CA?
Yes, the full schedule and overall plans for the SGO 2022 Winter Meeting have not changed. The meeting will be taking place in person on the scheduled dates. COVID-19 precautions were considered and incorporated at every stage of our planning process.
Am I eligible for a refund if I cancel my Winter Meeting registration at this time?
SGO can no longer issue refunds for canceled SGO Winter Meeting registration. Refund eligibility expired on Dec. 27, 2021.
Are there plans to adjust SGO Winter Meeting programming so that participants can attend virtually?
No, the 2022 Winter Meeting will only be held in-person and will not have an option for virtual participation due to the intimate setting of this meeting.
What is SGO’s COVID-19 strategy for the SGO 2022 Winter Meeting and how will it affect my experience as an attendee?
We’re sharing updated precautions for Winter Meeting below so that all attendees are prepared to provide their vaccine status and personal preferences on greeting styles from a high five to a handshake to a hug.
SGO 2022 Winter Meeting Requirements:
- Proof of completed COVID-19 vaccine series OR proof of negative COVID-19 test taken no earlier than 48 hours prior to time of registration. Attendees will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after they receive the second dose in a two-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) or two weeks after they receive a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson/Janssen).
- SGO staff will review vaccine/test documentation during on-site registration, which includes the hours of 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 26, and 6:30 a.m. – 7:00 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 27 – Saturday, Jan. 29, to make the check-in process as efficient as possible.
- Compliance with the State of California mask mandate. Masks are required indoors and in all meeting and public indoor spaces when not eating or drinking. SGO will provide masks for meeting attendees as needed.
- Attendees must sign a COVID-19 waiver during the online registration process.
Tell me more about the waiver that I’ll be signing at the Winter Meeting.
All SGO administrators, attendees, exhibitors, guests and staff will complete a waiver when completing their online registration that outlines expectations, precautions and personal responsibility during the COVID-19 pandemic. The full waiver can be reviewed online in advance of Winter Meeting.
Is SGO making any new or additional accommodations to the Winter Meeting experience in response to the Omicron variant of the COVID-19 pandemic?
Yes, the Course Directors and SGO professional staff are making some adjustments that you’ll immediately notice during the registration process. Here’s a preview of what to expect:
- SGO will provide hand sanitizer and a list of local COVID-19 testing sites.
- Face masks will be provided at the registration desk for attendees.
- Attendees can choose a color-coded band to subtly let others know their comfort level with interaction (hugs, handshakes, six-feet distance, etc.).
What is the Resort at Squaw Creek doing to maximize patron comfort and safety during the meeting?
Please review the statement below from the Resort’s parent company, Hyatt, and refer to this link to review the company’s complete COVID-19 actions and cleanliness standards.