Addresses multidisciplinary practice and management issues that impact the care of women with gynecologic malignancies; aims to provide information to appropriate audiences that may assist healthcare providers in delivering the highest quality of care to their patients.
- Reviews and assesses existing SGO clinical practice guidelines and updates them as necessary to ensure accuracy and best practice
- Develops clinical documents, of either clinical opinion or evidence based research, on important issues in Gynecologic Oncology
- Reports as a liaison to fellow oncologic organizations to share best practice guidelines and exchange upcoming news and events within the oncology community.
- Collaborates with fellow oncologic organizations/colleagues to deliver “joint” clinical documents on emerging issues in gynecologic cancer
This Committee is Recommended for Members
- Who are experienced in writing for publication
- Who are interested in participating in the development of best practice guidelines regarding significant topics of gynecologic cancer
- Enjoy communicating and collaborating with fellow oncologic organizations to learn about/exchange best practice information and emerging news within the oncology community
- Participation in 3 full committee conference calls per year
- Participation in 3-5 conference calls per year for specific subcommittee/work group
- Spend 5-20 hours per year on developing various manuscripts, practice statements, review and provide input toward consensus statements of fellow organizations, etc.
- Attendance at a face-to-face meeting at the Annual Meeting on Women’s Cancer