Provides education on the topics of medical coding and billing, physician reimbursement, and associated Medicare regulations.
- Makes recommendations on coding education content and programs
- Participates in answering coding questions submitted through SGO website
- Participates in the annual review of the FAQs posted on SGO website
- Assists in the development and presentation of coding webinars and lectures as requested by the chair
- Assists in the review and development of coding information and tools found on the SGO website
- Makes recommendations with regards to development and/or revision of CPT and/or ICD codes
- Monitors coding and reimbursement regulations pertinent to the SGO membership
This Committee is Recommended for Members
- Who have an interest in CPT coding or who have specific expertise related to CPT coding
- Serve as resource on a rotating basis to SGO staff for coding questions submitted via email
- Time commitment varies but is generally 1-2 hours per quarter. Able to dedicate approximately 1-2 hours annually for the review of the FAQs
- Participation in approximately one conference call per year and one committee meeting per year. The committee meeting will be held at the Annual Meeting on Women’s Cancer or through a scheduled conference call.
- Attend at least one coding webinar or live coding presentation and develop a functioning expertise in CPT and ICD-9 coding