The SGO Membership Committee is comprised of multidisciplinary SGO members responsible for overseeing the recruitment and retention of a multidisciplinary member base. Committee members also serve as society ambassadors to our members and friends.
- Develop programs, products and services
- Listen to the needs of SGO members and prospective members
- Review recruitment and engagement plans to grow, satisfy and sustain SGO membership
- Examine membership policies, membership qualification criteria and evaluate member categories to ensure SGO is following the gynecologic oncology market trends
- Welcome new members to the SGO member family
- Create opportunities to engage and recognize members through member communications
- Participate in conference calls to work towards achieving the committee’s work plan and goals
- Attendance at a face-to-face meeting at the Annual Meeting on Women’s Cancer
- Application Review Subcommittee: Review member applications online as needed
- Recruitment and Engagement Subcommittee: Project work throughout the year as needed
- Special Interest Group Subcommittee: Project work throughout the year as needed
Harry J. Long III, MD, FACP, Multidisciplinary Award
The Harry Long Multidisciplinary Award recognizes outstanding SGO Members for their contributions to multidisciplinary mentorship, collegiality or teaching in the field of gynecologic oncology.