SGO Issues July 10, 2014
Call for abstracts for 2015 Annual Meeting opens July 21
FDA to host live webcast for morcellation advisory committee
2014 Annual Meeting abstracts published
Career Center upgrade delivers member discounts
CMS releases proposed payment changes and fee schedules
Abstract and surgical films submission for the 46th SGO Annual Meeting on Women’s Cancer ® opens July 21, 2014, and closes Sept. 17, 2014. Research can be submitted online at sgo.org/annualmeeting.
This year’s key concepts for research consideration include:
• Clinical Trials in Development or Concluded
• Novel Surgical Techniques
• International Gynecologic Cancer Care and Delivery
• Biomarker Utilization in Gynecologic Oncology
• Health Care Delivery Outcomes
• Gynecologic Pathology and Disease Pathogenesis
• Rare Tumors and GTD
• Radiation Oncology Results
• Relevant Advancements in Gynecologic Oncology
The Program Committee for the 2015 Annual Meeting is chaired by Nadeem R. Abu-Rustum, MD, from Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. “One of our goals for 2015 is to have a large and significant attendance among international SGO members,” said Dr. Abu-Rustum. “I believe a global presence at the meeting will elicit exciting dialogue between gynecologic oncologists from the United States and abroad, and we can all learn how gynecologic oncology care is delivered in various parts of the world.”
Dr. Abu-Rustum added that the program committee has diverse international representation, and they are dedicated to providing attendees with educational programming and networking activities to make their visit to Chicago a worthwhile experience.
The Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH) plans to provide a live webcast of the July 10 and 11, 2014, meeting of the Obstetrics and Gynecology Devices Panel of the Medical Devices Advisory Committee. The committee will discuss the safety of laparoscopic power morcellator devices as it pertains to their potential to disseminate and upstage a confined, but undetected (occult) uterine malignancy during laparoscopic hysterectomy or myomectomy. The link for the webcast is available at: https://collaboration.fda.gov/obgyd/.
Abstracts from the 2014 SGO Annual Meeting on Women’s Cancer will be published in Gynecologic Oncology, Vol. 133, Supplement 1 (June 2014). The online abstracts are available here. Late Breaking Abstracts will be published in Vol. 134, Issue 2 (August 2014).
SGO has enhanced the Career Center job board to ensure SGO members receive discounted pricing on job postings. Some job posters may be asked to re-register to provide SGO with the most current contact information. Contact Job Target, the vendor who manages Career Center, at email@example.com or 1-860-437-5700 for assistance.
On July 3, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) released the proposed rules on the Medicare hospital outpatient prospective payment system (OPPS) and the Physician Fee Schedule (PFS). Links to the fact sheets are available on CMS.gov. There are several provisions that will impact SGO members. Comments are due Sept. 2, 2014.
The related fact sheets are listed below:
- CMS proposes hospital outpatient and ambulatory surgical centers policy and payment changes for 2015
- CMS proposes hospital outpatient and ambulatory surgical centers quality changes for 2015
- Proposed changes for the Physician Value-based Payment Modifier in the CY 2015 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Proposed Rule
- Changes for Calendar Year 2015 Physician Quality Programs and Other Programs in the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule
- Proposed policy and payment changes to the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule for Calendar Year 2015