One Team One Goal
In 2012, SGO joined the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) to strengthen our worldwide collaborations and advocacy for gynecologic cancer prevention, screening, treatment and palliative care.
As a member, SGO supports the UICC’s World Cancer Declaration and the UICC’s 11 cancer control targets. The UICC World Cancer Declaration was designed to help bring the growing cancer crisis to the attention of government leaders and health policymakers to significantly reduce the global cancer burden by 2020.
SGO has launched the “One Team One Goal” signature collection campaign to represent women’s cancers and encourage our national and international partners to support UICC’s World Cancer Declaration.
- Promote the UICC Cervical Cancer Initiative (CCI)
- Promote the UICC Global Access to Pain Relief Initiative (GAPRI), and to
- Promote the inclusion of “cancer” in the 2015 revision of the United Nation’s Millennium Development Goals.
Join the Campaign
The advocacy groups and organizations listed below joined One Team One Goal to instill and forge stronger bonds between global gynecologic oncology practice and advocacy communities allowing women better access to prevention, early diagnosis, treatment and palliation.
- African Organisation for Research & Training in Cancer (AORTIC)
- Asian Society of Gynecologic Oncology (ASGO)
- British Gynaecological Cancer Society (BGCS)
- CCare – Fight Lynch Syndrome
- Childhood Gynecologic Cancer Association
- European Society of Gynecologic Oncology (ESGO)
- Foundation for Women’s Cancer (FWC)
- Gynaecological Awareness Information Network (GAIN Inc)
- International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO)
- International Gynecologic Cancer Society (IGCS)
- National Ovarian Cancer Coalition (NOCC)
- Ovarian Cancer Action
- Ovarian Cancer Australia
- Ovarian Cancer Canada
- Ovarian Cancer National Alliance (OCNA)
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG)
- Society of Gynecologic Nurse Oncologists (SGNO)
- Society of Gynecologic Oncology (SGO)
- Target Ovarian Cancer
- The Society of Gynecologic Oncology of Canada (GOC)