What should you bring to your first appointment with the gynecologic oncologist?
When you go to your first appointment with your gynecologic oncologist, you may want to bring a friend or relative for moral support, to help you remember all your questions, and to take notes.
You should also bring:
- Copies of any pertinent medical records that you have already had as part of your workup
- Pathology reports of recent biopsies or Pap smears
- Radiology reports including an ultrasound report, CT scan or MRI report
- Notes and records from other doctors and health care providers you have seen
- A current list of all medications and supplements you are taking.
- An updated list of your past medical and surgical history, including your gynecologic and obstetric history
- Your family medical history, including a list of family members who have had cancer
- A list of all doctors you are currently seeing for ongoing care
- Your health insurance information
- A list of any questions that you wish to ask the oncologist