The Society of Gynecologic Oncology’s Mission for diversity, inclusion, and health equity (DI&HE)’s Gender Equity subcommittee formed to address gender issue awareness and accountability. Below are resources for SGO members and gynecologic oncology health care professionals, including an SGO publication, addressing such issues as microaggression, bias and inequity among patients and physicians.
- Medicine Is Not Gender-Neutral — She Is Male – New England Medical Journal, 2022
- Creating work environments where people of all genders in gynecologic oncology can thrive: An SGO evidence-based review – Gynecologic Oncology, 2022
- Incidence, Nature, and Consequences of Oncologists’ Experiences with Sexual Harassment – American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), 2022
- Patient Harassment of Medical Trainees Reflections for a More Inclusive Future – Journal of the American Medical Association, 2022
- Patients get better care from doctors who are women. But sexism persists in medicine – The Washington Post, 2022
- Addressing Sexual Harassment in the #MeToo Era: An Institutional Approach – Mayo Clinic Proceedings, 2019
- Gender inequalities in the workplace: the effects of organizational structures, processes, practices, and decision makers’ sexism – Frontiers in Psychology, 2015