Actively and Aggressively Advocating for the Gynecologic Oncology Subspecialty and Our Patients
As oncology professionals, we know very well how rapidly things change. Events can overtake intentions and regulations can overturn precedent. At the Society of Gynecologic Oncology (SGO), our member-led teams work to create data-driven, ethics-forward and practical policies on anything that impacts our field.
Check this space for information on political developments, technological innovations and more.
2022 SGO Health Policy Priorities:
- Maintain/increase funding for the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Ovarian Cancer Research Program.
- Maintain endometrial cancer as a research priority under the DoD Peer-Reviewed Cancer Research Program.
- Increase funding and research opportunities for endometrial cancer and cervical cancer at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Cancer Institute (NCI) and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
- Urge Congress to work on Medicare payment reform to bring stability to the Medicare payment system.
- Pass the Jeanette Acosta Invest in Women’s Health Act (H.R. 2216/S. 1063), PREVENT HPV Cancers Act (H.R. 1550), and Improving Seniors Timely Access to Care Act (H.R. 3173/S.3018)