What information should you bring to your first appointment?
When you go to your first appointment with your gynecologic oncologist, you may want to bring a friend or relative for moral support, to help you remember all your questions, and to take notes.
You should also bring:
- Results of any biopsies and tests performed by your primary care doctor. You may be able to have these forwarded directly from your doctor’s office to the gynecologic oncologist.
- A list of any medications that you are currently taking, including vitamins and other dietary supplements
- Your family medical history, including a list of family members who have had cancer
- A list of all doctors you are currently seeing for ongoing care
- Your health insurance information
- A list of any questions that you wish to ask the gynecologic oncologist
- An updated list of your past medical and surgical history, including your gynecologic and obstetric history
NEXT: Diagnostic Tests