2023 SGO Health Policy Priorities
- Maintain/increase funding for the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Ovarian Cancer Research Program.
- Maintain endometrial cancer as a research priority under the DoD Peer-Reviewed Cancer Research Program.
- Increase funding and research opportunities for endometrial cancer and cervical cancer at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Cancer Institute (NCI) and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
- Urge Congress to work on Medicare payment reform to bring stability to the Medicare payment system.
- Pass the Jeanette Acosta Invest in Women’s Health Act (H.R. 2216/S. 1063), PREVENT HPV Cancers Act (H.R. 1550), and Improving Seniors Timely Access to Care Act (H.R. 3173/S.3018)
SGO Comment Letter on CY 2023 Proposed Medicare Fee Schedule Rule