SGO 2020 Allied Health Professionals Meeting will be fully virtual, offering a mix of live, interactive sessions and on-demand presentations covering topics that include palliative care, genetic testing, sexual health, clinical procedures, and post-op complications and wound care. Live sessions are scheduled for Oct. 17, 18, 20 and 22.
View the detailed Schedule of Events (Coming Soon).
Who should Attend?
The Allied Health Professionals Meeting is designed for nurse practitioners, physician assistants, registered nurses, physicians, and other members of the gynecologic oncology care team who are in any phase of their career.
2020 Course Learning Objectives
At the conclusion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the role of palliative care in gynecologic oncology
- Recognize oncologic emergencies and postoperative complications and articulate the most relevant management strategies
- Summarize the utility of genetic testing in gynecologic oncology
- Understand how APPs can best use telemedicine in gynecologic oncology practice
- Identify and manage lower genital tract disease and dermatologic issues in gynecologic oncology
- Review surgical management for gynecologic malignancies
- Explain various pharmacologic therapies and treatment regimens for gynecologic oncology patients
- Discuss sexual health issues pertaining to this patient population
- Understand the utilization of research and clinical trials in gynecologic oncology
- Recognize implicit bias and how it affects patient care
- Describe how to perform clinical procedures for the gynecologic oncology patient, while adhering to scope of practice
Kathryn (Katie) Lyle, WHNP (Sub-Committee Chair)
Evonne Kandas, MS, WHCNP/FNP-BC
Jennifer Christiansen, PA-C
Bethany Kenny, DNP
Karen Lyle, PA-C
Leigha Senter, MS, LGC
Yevgeniya Ioffe, MD