Dec. 21 Deadline for FWC Research Prizes
The deadline to apply for the is on Monday, Dec. 21 at 11:59 p.m. CT. While both thhttps://fwc.secure-platform.com/a/organizations/main/homee general program and the Diversity and Inclusion Health Equity programs are no longer accepting new applicants—the first round closed on Nov. 1—the Foundation is still accepting applications for Research Prizes, and those moved to the second round for the general program and the Diversity and Inclusion Health Equity programs must complete and submit their applications.
Prizes Still Available:
- Foundation for Women’s Cancer/Norma Livingston Ovarian Cancer Foundation Excellence in Ovarian Cancer Research Prize $5000 (paid to the individual and not their institution)
- Reserved for past Award Winners: given to an individual who can best demonstrate that he or she has been able to use their Foundation award to improve women’s health care by obtaining independent extramural funding, making important contributions to the literature, and/or developing programs that improved women’s health care, including early detection.
- Perlman Family CCARE Lynch Syndrome Research Prize $2,500 (paid to the Applicant’s Institution)
- This is a stipend for a trainee to support a summer or short-term research project that advances knowledge about Lynch syndrome and its role in gynecologic cancers. The successful applicant must submit a short summary of the project’s goals and expected outcomes co-signed by the applicant’s mentor and supervisor.
- Nina Donnelley and The Dickens Fund of the Donnelley Foundation Young Investigator Award in Honor of Laurel W. Rice, MD $1,000 (paid to the individual and not their institution)
- To be awarded to a fellow or resident who has promise to contribute to the field of gynecologic oncology in the future.